Attuned Psychology is an established progressive private practice that has been providing therapy to children, adolescents, adults, couples, families and performance coaching services in North Adelaide for over 10 years. We are rapidly expanding our services and niche areas within the business to provide a comprehensive clinical, educational, and performance psychology and therapy service that addresses the major clinical areas within the one team, with specialists within each field. We are looking to maintain and expand the sex therapy specialty within the team having established this as part of our broad range of services. We have an excellent collaborative team of staff and we believe in providing support to each other in an efficient, professional and family friendly environment.
- We are currently seeking a Psychosexual therapist or Sexologist to provide sex therapy and couple therapy for a broad range of clients.
- Initially we are offering an opportunity to consult for 1-2 days per week with an attractive furnished consulting room available for use on weekdays, Saturdays or evenings according to your needs, but there will be capacity to expand beyond this if desired over time.
- Our desire is to find a sex therapist who is genuinely excited to build on the sex therapy focus already established at Attuned and to have the opportunity to increase their hours over time as their client base and reputation with referral sources build.
What we have to offer you:
- Opportunity to learn and develop
- Comfortable, attractive and professional consulting rooms
- Youth, adult and family friendly consulting rooms available
- Diverse range of clientele
- Opportunity to utilise your unique skill set
- Build your own niche with full marketing and administrative support
- Professional autonomy while being supported by a strong team to prevent isolation
- Full administrative support
- Strong referral network to kick start your clinical practice immediately
- Marketing, business knowledge and support
- Regular professional peer supervision
- Flexible working hours and family friendly environment to help balance work and family responsibilities.
- Enjoy the benefits of working within a private practice with an established reputation and efficient systems
- Opportunity to build a part or full time private practice according to your career goals
- Fun, friendly and relaxing work environment
This opportunity will allow you to build a practice with the following key benefits:
- Less pressure and stress than managing everything yourself
- Lots of support
- High quality, professional, caring and supportive environment
- Therapy for a diverse clientele including adolescents, adults and couples treating a broad range of psychosexual health issues
- Medicare report writing and case management (if relevant)
- Communicating with GP’s and other referral sources for case management
- Regular blogging to increase profile and participation in Attuned Psychology events
- Opportunity for providing education
- Registration with the Australian Health Professionals Regulatory Authority (AHPRA), Australian Counselling Association or Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) or Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Background in psychology, counselling and psychotherapy, medicine, nursing/midwifery, Occupational Therapy, or social work
- Significant training in counselling or psychotherapy
- Post graduate training or significant professional development in Psychosexual therapy
- Minimum of 3 years therapeutic experience in working with a broad range of clinical issues and clientele
- Significant experience in couple therapy
- Providing some after hours availability for clients
Knowledge and experience in any of the following specialist areas:
- Knowledge of contemporary approaches to psychosexual therapy and sexuality research
- Knowledge of sociocultural aspects of sex, sexuality and gender
- Knowledge and experience in working with Sexual function and dysfunction – including diagnosis, testing/assessment, intervention
- Knowledge of sexual reproductive anatomy and physiology including models of sexual response cycles
- Knowledge of developmental sexuality across the lifespan;
- Knowledge of sexually transmitted infections and safer sex practices;
- Knowledge of atypical sexual behaviours (including rape and sexual assault, paraphilias, and fetishes);
- Familiarity of current research in psychosexual therapeutic and sexuality-related (broad) research.
- Experience in working with the full range of sexual dysfunctions including loss of libido or desire for sex, lack of sexual enjoyment, pain experienced during sexual behaviour such as vaginismus, vulvadynia, difficulty experiencing orgasm, fear of sex, body image issues related to sexual intimacy, erectile difficulties, such as rapid or delayed ejaculation, compulsive sexual behaviours, sex and porn addictions, performance anxiety, mismatched sex drives in a relationship, and/or differences in sexual preferences.
- Experience in working with couple therapy, sexual orientation and identity, gender diversity, puberty and adolescent sexuality, older people and sexuality, sexually transmissible infections (including HIV/AIDS), sexuality and disability, and sexual and reproductive health issues.
- Skilled in a range of therapeutic interventions appropriate to this field including mindfulness based approaches and Systemic Family Therapy
- Interest in delivering professional workshops, lectures or seminars in relevant clinical areas
Desirable Criteria – NOT ESSENTIAL
- Completed additional training in systemic family therapy
- Over 10 years clinical therapy experience
- Medicare Provider number enabling clients to access a rebate for therapy
Please send expressions of interest addressing each of the essential and desirable criteria promptly by email to Alexandra Frost, the Director/Principal Clinical Psychologist firstname.lastname@example.org