Child and Adult Focused Psychologists wanted immediately – Private practice
Salary range for a Registered Psychologist $75000-$107000 depending on experience plus super plus profit share for high performance
Please see Clinical Psychologist Page for Clinical Psychologist Range
Employment or Sub Contracting Opportunities in Established Busy North Adelaide Practice
- Are you a professional who wants to make a difference therapeutically with motivated clients by working part or full time in private practice?
- Are you someone either wanting a new position or who has already part time or full time employment and wants the flexibility to work in private practice without the risks and responsibilities of managing private practice on your own?
- Are you a team player who would suit a private practice environment where there is professional support around to assist in your growth?
Attuned Psychology is excited to share that due to consistent growth over the last two years we are currently looking for two psychologists to join our team – one skilled in working with adults and one with children/adolescents or psychologists skilled in working with children, adolescents and adults or a mix of both. Additionally, we also have a high demand for someone skilled in working with couples and families.
To cater for the increasing demand for our wide range of services and consistent flow of referrals, we have immediate work available for the right people. We have a strong demand for after school consultations for children and for after work consultations for adults and would prefer psychologists who are able to offer some late afternoon/evening or Saturday appointment times as part of their schedule.
Why work for Attuned Psychology?
Attuned Psychology is an established progressive private practice that has been providing therapy to children, adolescents, adults, couples, families and performance coaching services in North Adelaide for over 12 years. We provide services Monday to Saturday and also offer extensive evening appointments Monday-Thursday with many psychologists to cater for those of our clients in need of after hours services.
We provide a comprehensive clinical, educational and performance psychology service that addresses a broad array of issues within the one team. We have a collaborative team of staff and we believe in providing support to each other in an efficient, professional and family friendly environment.
As a practice who has a broad range of clientele and a very friendly diverse team we believe we offer the perfect environment for skilled practitioners new to private practice. We also believe our practice environment will suit experienced private practitioners looking for a low stress, supportive and rewarding team environment with interesting and varied work.
We believe there is so much to learn in a group practice such as ours where there is such diversity in skills and presenting issues, providing an opportunity to grow professionally rapidly.
We are attuned to each other’s needs as a team in addition to the needs of clients and work from a strong values basis of client centred, evidence based practice, collaboration and innovation. We ensure that all clients and staff feel cared for and supported at all times. We have a collaborative friendly team and we believe in providing support to each other in an efficient, professional and family friendly environment.
What are we looking for in a psychologist?
- We are currently seeking psychologists to provide psychological services for a broad range of adult clients or child/adolescent clients or all ages. Our preference is for Psychologists with the right qualities and experience and Masters qualifications who is working towards endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist. We will consider a Registered psychologist with the right fit and significant experience with relevant post graduate qualifications (i.e. not a Masters of Psychology (Clinical) but another relevant Masters qualification)
- Our preference is to find psychologists with experience and passion for working with adults or children/adolescents (or both), and who are excited about the possibility of working within a supportive team environment with a diverse and motivated clientele who are committed to working towards achieving change.
- We would be very excited to offer a combined child/adult focused full time position for a psychologist who prefers to have a mix of child, adolescent and adult clients in their caseload. We will also consider part time positions for combined adult and child/adolescent work (preference of 3 days minimum)
- There is also the option of seeing couples and doing family therapy work if there is interest and experience in these areas but it is not a requirement.
- Psychologists will be required to have interest and experience in working with a diverse range of presenting issues in therapy, be confident in providing timely letters to GP’s and providing any case management needed to meet the needs of the client and referral sources.
- We require a psychologist who is confident in evidence based interventions including mindfulness based interventions such as ACT and CBT. Having the additional knowledge and/or experience with systemic family therapy and/or couple therapy would be welcomed but is not essential.
- We are looking for psychologists who believe in team work and benefits from the collegiality of a team while also being capable of being autonomous, with skills in a wide range of presenting clinical issues. We are looking for psychologists who are warm and engaging with clients, passionate about therapy, have a sense of humour, are collaborative, outcome focused and are able to bring something to the team that will benefit clients and compliment the other Attuned team members.
The benefits of working with us include:
- Diverse range of clientele and presenting issues to ensure a varied and interesting working life that also allows practitioners to bring forth their particular passions and interests over time. Our clients are private clients or clients referred under Mental Health Care plans with no bulk billing, WorkCover, direct NDIS (we are not NDIS registered, however we do see NDIS clients that are privately managed), or legal clients, providing the perfect environment for psychologists passionate about a career with a therapeutic focus.
- Regular peer supervision and debriefing as needed with the Director and other psychologists to support the development of skills in working with a range of clients provided at no cost.
- Mentoring in the adjustment to working within a private practice context. The Director, Alexandra has almost 20 years experience in private practice and is able to offer support and guidance regarding marketing, administration, supervision, ethical issues, Medicare reporting, case management, adjusting to clients paying directly for their time with you etc. Alexandra is also responsible for leading a business and marketing strategy for the practice, taking the pressure off you so that you may put your energy into your clinical work rather than worrying about all of the business matters.
- Extensive and efficient administration support from a team of friendly and efficient staff who will look after you and your clients so you may focus on your clinical responsibilities (clients greeted, appointment bookings, phone messages taken, reminder sms to all of your clients, rescheduling, payments processed, letters sent, reminders about letters to GP’s due, internet based diary management, following up debts for you, ensuring a good fit between prospective clients and your skill set etc, actioning marketing strategies to facilitate further work to all psychologists).
- Very strong client demand for our services as a result of our longstanding reputation with many GP’s, past or existing client referrals and schools. This is due to consistent quality work to a large number of clients over many years, a solid strategic business plan and marketing strategy, good client satisfaction and a strong web presence, offering security to any contractor or employee.
- Access to new Q Interactive digital test library for IQ and educational assessment for children and adults of all ages including WISC-V, WIAT-III, WAIS-IV and WPSSI-IV (Standard kit) with and other practice clinical resources
- Comfortable, attractive and peaceful rooms set up for varied ages as well as individual, couple and family work and designed to provide a quiet, discreet environment for clients. Our practice also includes a beautiful courtyard for clients and staff to enjoy and relax in addition to holding events. E.g for Psychology Week community event
- Psychologists will be well rewarded financially for their work with various options available including attractive secure employment packages, subcontracting, licensing and investment in the business depending on a range of factors and what the applicant most values and needs. We will offer a pathway for development within the practice that suits your needs and values and is financially and professionally rewarding.
If you believe you meet what we are looking for in a psychologist and like the sound of what our practice, Attuned Psychology and our team stand for, please contact the Practice Manager, Donna Tyndall on (08) 83617008 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org asap to discuss or register your interest in one of the positions.
Please also note what kinds of clients (Child/Adolescent or Adult or both) you are interested in working with and your preferences for how many days/evenings and the times you would prefer to consult.
Applications should include a CV, brief response to the points regarding “what are we looking for in a psychologist?” and details of 3 relevant referees. Applications close 31st October, 2017 (in the first instance). Please send applications asap as we will shortlist and interview prior to the close date given our workflow and need for more than one psychologist.
We look forward to discussing the positions with you and welcome any questions you may have about our practice. We are excited about welcoming new psychologists to this skilled team of committed professionals.