Naomi has over 10 years experience working in the field of sexology and sexual education. One of only a few Clinical Sexologists in Adelaide with experience in all three fields of Sexology (Clinical, Education and Research) she uses her passion and extensive knowledge to support clients to experience a healthy and positive state of sexual wellbeing.
Her down to earth and friendly style means clients of all ages feel relaxed and comfortable as she works with them to achieve their goals. Using a sex positive approach she assist clients to let go of long held negative thought patterns and behaviours that are impacting on their sexuality and relationships.
Areas of Experience
- Different sexual desires between partners (mismatched libido/desire discrepancy)
- Sexual functioning concerns
- Erectile concerns (eg. Rapid ejaculation or inability to maintain or gain an erection)
- Inability to orgasm (anorgasmia)
- Painful sex (dyspareunia)
- Same sex attraction
- Exploring sexuality and sexual attraction
- Exploring feelings about gender identity
- Maintaining intimacy and improving communication between partners
- Exploring and recovering from impact of infidelity in a monogamous relationship
- Developing a porn literacy and exploring new skills and strategies to identify if your porn use is becoming problematic
- Sexual concerns after surgery or due to long term chronic health issues
- Sexual health education
- Public speaking and media commentary
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- Masters of Health Science (Sexual Health), 2010, University of Sydney, NSW
- Bachelor of Arts (Double major Women’s Studies and Politics), 2000, University of Adelaide
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Member of Society of Australian Sexologists (SAS)
Naomi works with people from a variety of diverse backgrounds and all ages. Naomi is happy working one on one or in the couples/family context. She has worked in a variety of different settings such as schools, prisons, youth agencies, TAFE, Universities, Health Centre’s as well and is often consulted as a ‘sexpert’ on various forms of media. She has extensive experience working with couples to get their sexual relationships back on track and many years experience working with young people about their sexual health and sexuality. Naomi has much experience working and supporting parents around how to approach puberty, sexuality, gender and other topics.