BA(Hons) MEd Psych
With a Masters Degree in Educational Psychology, over ten years’ experience as a school psychologist in both public and private education, and experience in private practice, Rebecca has learnt that every child may achieve success given the right support. She has worked with students of all ages, from preschool through primary, secondary and tertiary education, and of varied cultural and family backgrounds.
With this extensive background in the school system in both assessment and counselling, Rebecca brings valuable broad knowledge of children and adolescents in the school system to every client and family, ensuring the goal is always to enhance your child’s learning potential.
Areas of experience
- Cognitive assessment (IQ testing) for children and adults
- Specific learning difficulties, eg dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia
- Intellectual disabilities
- Gifted and talented assessment
- Counselling for primary and high school age children across a range of issues
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- Master of Educational Psychology, University of Melbourne, Victoria, 2005
- Honours Psychology, University of Adelaide, South Australia, 1998
- Registered Psychologist, Psychologists Registration Board of Victoria, 2006
- Registered Psychologist, South Australian Psychological Board, 2008
- Registered Psychologist, Psychology Board of Australia, 2010
- Medicare Provider
- Member of the Association for Counsellors in Catholic Schools
- Member of network of Counsellors and Psychologists in Independent Schools
At Attuned Psychology, Rebecca provides comprehensive and tailored psycho educational assessments to address possible learning difficulties, to assess for giftedness or to identify whether early school entry is appropriate. Rebecca’s extensive experience in assessment and counselling with children provides you with the reassurance that she will facilitate a comfortable, safe space for your child to be assessed.
She believes that comprehensive and tailored psycho educational assessments, when done in collaboration with parents and teachers, are a valuable tool to understand your child’s profile of strengths and weaknesses. A strong belief in a collaborative, systemic approach ensures that everyone who is important to understanding the child is given an opportunity to contribute to the assessment process.
As part of this strong focus on a holistic approach to assessment, you are encouraged to bring in reports, letters from teachers or work samples, and where appropriate Rebecca may be able to visit schools in order to see your child as a student in the classroom environment. This ensures the most accurate and comprehensive understanding of your child’s issues and learning needs.
Rebecca’s clear assessment results, report and feedback will provide a clear plan for parents and the school, providing tailored, practical strategies and intervention that may be implemented immediately to help your child achieve their potential and feel more confident.
As part of this systemic approach, Rebecca works collaboratively with the Child Psychologists within the Attuned Psychology team to ensure the best outcome for your child, identifying if counselling is needed following an assessment. This gives you the reassurance that whatever the issue identified in the assessment, whether learning, social, emotional or behavioural, your child may be supported within the Attuned team.