Registered Psychologist LLB GDipPsych Adel, GDipPsych Bond
I consult at our North Adelaide practice offering business hours and evening appointments on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
My aim as a Registered Psychologist is to listen carefully to you, identify problems or issues, and apply evidenced-based psychotherapies to create meaningful and lasting improvement or change.
I believe life can be full of challenges and pressures. These can be caused by or present themselves at work, school, university, or home. It is important to apply strategies that are proven to be effective to overcome these issues. Investing and growing our personal wellbeing is key to living a happy life.
Each of us is wonderfully unique. I tailor my approach to best suit you. I work using an other person centred and conversational approach where you are the focus of each session.
I am particularly interested in highly prevalent psychological issues that impact many Australians such as anxiety, depression, and stress. Psychological science demonstrates that these issues are highly treatable and can be improved by participating in psychotherapy.
I enjoy working with children (aged 10 and above), adolescents and their parents, and I am currently the National Convenor of the Australian Psychological Society (APS) Child, Adolescent and Family Interest Group.Contact Us 08 8361 7008
Areas of Experience
- Social anxiety
- Stress management
- Health anxiety/illness
- Social and relationship issues
- Grief and loss
- Peer pressure or stressors
- Self-esteem and self confidence
- Goal setting and motivation
- Professionals (medical practitioners, lawyers, accountants, teachers, etc)
Qualifications and Professional Membership
- Graduate Diploma of Psychological Science, Bond University
- Graduate Diploma in Psychological Science, University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Adelaide
- Registered Psychologist, Psychology Board of Australia, 2018-Present
- Member, Australian Psychological Society (MAPS), 2018-Present
I have a special interest in working with people experiencing anxiety, depression and stress.
While this will typically include students, adolescents, parents and families, I enjoy working with professionals, such as medical practitioners, lawyers, accountants, teachers, etc.
Fergus’ Therapeutic Approach
In working with you, I will primarily use the following approaches:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) which helps individuals accept what is out of their personal control and commit to action that improves and enriches their life;
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) which helps individuals to identify and change unhelpful or unhealthy thoughts, feelings or behaviours; and
- Family Systems Therapy which helps families to overcome issues and grow together.