Clinical Sexologist M.Health Sci, B.A.
Naomi has over 12 years experience working in the field of sexology and sexual education. One of only a few Clinical Sexologists with experience in all three fields of Sexology (Clinical, Education and Research) she uses her passion and extensive knowledge to support clients to experience a healthy and positive state of sexual health and wellbeing.
Her down to earth and friendly style means clients of all ages feel relaxed and comfortable whilst she joins with them to achieve their goals. Using a sex positive approach she supports clients to let go of long held negative thought patterns and behaviours that are impacting on their ability to feel good about their sexuality and relationships.
Contact Us 08 8361 7008
Areas of Experience
- Differences in sexual desire between partners (mismatched libido/desire discrepancy)
- Sexual functioning concerns
- Erectile concerns (e.g. Rapid ejaculation or inability to maintain or gain an erection)
- Inability to orgasm (anorgasmia)
- Painful sex (dyspareunia)
- Exploring same gender attraction and sexual identity
- Exploring feelings about gender identity and supporting gender affirmation
- Exploring sexuality and sexual desire
- Maintaining intimacy and improving communication between sexual partners
- Exploring and recovering from impact of infidelity in a monogamous relationship
- Exploring new skills and strategies to explore if your porn use is becoming problematic
- Sexual concerns after surgery or due to long term chronic health issues
- Sexual health education and training
- Public speaking and media commentary
Qualifications and Professional Membership
- Currently studying a Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling with the University of New England, NSW
- Masters of Health Science (Sexual Health), 2010, University of Sydney, NSW
- Bachelor of Arts (Double major Women’s Studies and Politics), 2000, University of Adelaide
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Member of Society of Australian Sexologists (SAS)
- Member of Sexual Health Society Queensland
Naomi has much experience working with people from diverse backgrounds and strives to understand the intersections of race, culture, ability, gender and sexuality. Her youngest client was 6 and her oldest couple were 90. Sexology work sees her in a variety of settings such as schools, prisons, youth agencies, TAFE, Universities, health centre’s as working one on one with clients or in the couples/family context. Naomi has extensive experience working with young people, particularly those whom are LGBTIQ+ as well as years of experience working with and supporting professionals, students and parents and caregivers around how to approach topics such as growth and development, puberty, sexuality and gender.
Naomi is currently living and working in the Brisbane, Queensland, having recently moved from Adelaide but is currently available for Skype and phone consultations.