Acceptance and Commitment Therapy at Attuned Psychology Adelaide
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) is highly effective for people experiencing stress, anxiety, pain or depression. ACT teaches us to live more in the present, skillfully handle painful emotions and thoughts and live life by our values.
The aim of ACT is to help people create a rich full and meaningful life, while effectively handling the pain and stress that life inevitably brings. ACT does this by:
- Teaching you psychological skills to deal with your painful thoughts and feelings effectively – in such a way that they have much less impact and influence over you. These are known as mindfulness skills
Or make an appointment enquiry using our form
The concepts behind Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
ACT is a powerful mindfulness-based therapy (and coaching model) which currently leads the field in terms of research, application and results. Mindfulness has its roots in Eastern philosophies, yet is firmly based on cutting-edge Western research into human behavioural psychology.
Mindfulness is a mental state of awareness, focus and openness – which allows you to engage fully in what you are doing at any moment. In a state of mindfulness, difficult thoughts and feelings have much less impact and influence over you being useful for everything from:
- Confidence issues
- Facing illness
- Coping with loss
- Working in a high-stress job
- Suffering from shyness
- Struggling with low self-esteem
- Trying to lose weight
- Quit smoking
- Preparing for the biggest challenge of your life
- Enhancing performance
- Just wanting to be happier, healthier, and more fulfilled
Subscribe to our newsletter Attuned Life
Would you be interested in receiving our occasional newsletter, event information and other useful tips via e-mail?