Full time or O.8 FTE Clinical Psychologist $950000 -$140000+
Employment Opportunities in Established Busy North Adelaide Practice
Salary range (depending on qualifications and experience):
Clinical Psychologists: $95000-$140000 plus Super plus profit share for high performance
- Are you a professional who wants to make a difference therapeutically with motivated clients by working full time or 0.8 FTE in private practice?
- Are you someone wanting a new position and wants the flexibility to work in private practice without the risks and responsibilities of managing private practice on your own?
- Are you a team player who would suit a private practice environment where there is professional support around to assist in your growth?
Attuned Psychology is excited to share that due to consistent growth over a number of years and an expansion to a larger beautiful character building in North Adelaide with 5 consulting rooms and a second location in Glenelg South, we are currently looking for psychologists skilled in working with adults and children/adolescents. Additionally, we also have a high demand for someone skilled in working with couples and families.
To cater for the increasing demand for our wide range of services and consistent flow of referrals, we have immediate work available for the right people.
We have a strong demand for after school consultations for children and for after work consultations for adults and would prefer psychologists who are able to offer some late afternoon/evening and/or Saturday appointment times as part of their schedule.
People interested in working only after hours should also apply as we have the flexibility to create a position providing many after hours sessions for high financial reward.
Why work for Attuned Psychology?
Attuned Psychology is an established progressive private practice that has been providing therapy to children, adolescents, adults, couples, families and performers in North Adelaide for over 15 years. We also provide educational and neuropsychological assessment to compliment our therapy services.
We have a collaborative friendly team of staff and we believe in providing support to each other in an efficient, professional and family friendly environment.
Services are offered Monday to Saturday including evening appointments Monday-Thursday to cater for those of our clients in need of after hours services with significant administrative support across business hours and after hours.
We also operate out of a second site at Glenelg South co-located with other Allied Health professsionals of Adelaide Night and Day Family Therapy.
As a practice who has a broad range of clientele and a very friendly diverse team we believe we offer the perfect environment for skilled practitioners suited to private practice. We also believe our practice environment will suit experienced private practitioners looking for a supportive and rewarding team environment with interesting and varied work.
We believe there is so much to learn in a group practice such as ours where there is such diversity in skills and presenting issues, providing an opportunity to grow professionally rapidly.
We are attuned to each other’s needs as a team in addition to the needs of clients and work from a strong values basis of client centred, evidence based practice, collaboration and innovation. We ensure that all clients and staff feel cared for and supported at all times. We commit to regular peer supervision monthly as a means of ensuring team work, learning and social connection.
What are we looking for in a psychologist?
- We are currently seeking Clinical psychologists (with a Master or Doctor of Psychology (Clinical)) to provide psychological services for a broad range of adult clients or child/adolescent clients or all ages.
- Our preference is to find Clinical psychologists with experience and passion for working with adults and children/adolescents ensuring a varied caseload. Experience also in couple and/or family therapy would be a definite advantage as we have a strong demand for services in those areas.
- This flexibility would be the ideal fit for a position at Attuned Psychology.
- Our preference is to find Clinical psychologists with experience and passion for working across the life span, and who are excited about the possibility of working within a supportive team environment with a diverse and motivated clientele who are committed to working towards achieving change.
- We would be very excited to offer a combined child/adult focused full time or 0.8 position for a psychologist who prefers to have a mix of child, adolescent and adult clients in their caseload.
- Psychologists will be required to have interest and experience in working with a diverse range of presenting issues in therapy, be confident in providing timely letters to GP’s and providing any case management needed to meet the needs of the client and referral sources.
- We require a psychologist who is confident in evidence based interventions including mindfulness based interventions such as ACT, CBT, DBT, Schema Therapy, trauma informed approaches and if possible systemic family therapy or Gottman training for relationship counselling. Having the additional knowledge and/or experience with systemic family therapy and/or couple therapy would be welcomed given our demand for services in this area.
- Experience in autism assessments and therapy would also be welcomed but is not essential.
- We are looking for psychologists who believe in team work and benefits from the collegiality of a team while also being capable of being autonomous, with skills in a wide range of presenting clinical issues. We are looking for psychologists who are warm and engaging with clients, passionate about therapy, have a sense of humour, are collaborative, outcome focused and are able to bring something to the team that will benefit clients and compliment the other Attuned team members.
The benefits of working with us include:
- Diverse range of clientele and presenting issues to ensure a varied and interesting working life that also allows practitioners to bring forth their particular passions and interests over time. Our clients are private clients or clients referred under Mental Health Care plans with no bulk billing, WorkCover, direct NDIS (we are not NDIS registered, however we do see NDIS clients that are privately managed), or legal clients, providing the perfect environment for psychologists passionate about a career with a therapeutic focus primarily.
- Regular peer supervision and debriefing as needed with the Director (individual)and other psychologists (peer supervision monthly)to support the development of skills in working with a range of clients provided at no cost.
- Comfortable, attractive and peaceful rooms set up for varied ages as well as individual, couple and family work and designed to provide a quiet, discreet, calming environment for clients. We have recently moved to Melbourne St in February 2019 due to expansion, and the 5 consulting rooms have been set up to provide a welcoming, serene and professional environment with artwork and comfortable couches and chairs to ensure that clients feel safe and secure. Parking is provided onsite for clients and staff and wheelchair access to ensure we are most accessible.
- We also operate out of a second site at Glenelg South co-located with other Allied health professionals. There is the option of working across two locations with the main location being North Adelaide for this position at this time.
- Mentoring in the adjustment to working within a private practice context. The Director, Alexandra has over 20 years experience in private practice and is able to offer support and guidance regarding marketing, administration, supervision, ethical issues, Medicare reporting, case management, adjusting to clients paying directly for their time with you etc. Alexandra is also responsible for leading a business and marketing strategy for the practice, taking the pressure off you so that you may put your energy into your clinical work rather than worrying about all of the business matters.
- Extensive and efficient administration support from a team of friendly and efficient staff who will look after you and your clients so you may focus on your clinical responsibilities (clients greeted, appointment bookings, phone messages taken, reminder sms to all of your clients, rescheduling, payments processed, letters sent, reminders about letters to GP’s due, internet based diary management, following up debts for you, ensuring a good fit between prospective clients and your skill set etc, actioning marketing strategies to facilitate further work to all psychologists).
- Very strong client demand for our services as a result of our longstanding reputation with many GP’s, past or existing client referrals and schools. This is due to consistent quality work to a large number of clients over many years, a solid strategic business plan and marketing strategy , good client satisfaction and a strong web presence, offering security to any employee.
- Access to new Q Interactive digital test library for IQ and educational assessment for children and adults of all ages including WISC-V, WIAT-III, WAIS-IV and WPSSI-IV (Standard kit) with and other practice clinical resources
- Psychologists will be well rewarded financially for their work with attractive secure employment packages with profit share for high performance. We will offer a pathway for development within the practice that suits your needs and values and is financially and professionally rewarding.
- Access to a wide range of professionals in psychology and other allied health professionals
- We also operate out of a second site at Glenelg co-located with other Allied health professionals. There is the option of working across two locations with the main location being North Adelaide for this position at this time.
If you believe you meet what we are looking for in a psychologist and like the sound of what our practice, Attuned Psychology and our team stand for, please contact the Practice Manager, Donna Tyndall on (08) 83617008 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org asap to discuss or register your interest in one of the positions.
Applications should include a CV, brief response to the points regarding “what are we looking for in a psychologist?” and details of 3 relevant referees. Applications close 23rd August, 2019. Please send applications asap as we will shortlist and interview prior to the close date given our workflow. Please note that we are only considering employment and are not offering subcontracting.
We look forward to discussing the position with you and welcome any questions you may have about our practice. We are excited about welcoming a new psychologist to this skilled team of committed professionals.
Our preference is to speak with you because that helps us pair you with the most appropriate psychologist while avoiding a number of emails going back and forth. However, we are happy to communicate with you using either method. And for your convenience, we are here in person after hours until 9pm Monday to Thursday, and on Saturday until 2pm. We look forward to hearing from you.